Ok, it’s time to stop being a perfectionist! I have finally got a template (more or less) the way I want it. Go to Goodies to Share in the menu – and PLEASE! give me some feedback in Comments about what you like and what you would like improved.
Posts Tagged ‘Australian Curriculum Literature units of work’
Posted by Lisa Hill on May 1, 2011
Posted in Australian Curriculum, Learning and teaching, Planning templates, Resources to share, School Library Units of Work | Tagged: Australian Curriculum Literature units of work | Comments Off on Australian Curriculum units – progress at last!
Posted by Lisa Hill on April 20, 2011
Hmm. After a frustrating correspondence with the ACARA website in which I suggested some busy-teacher-friendly improvements, I have given up expecting them to provide downloads in a usable form and have begun the long, slow, laborious task of formatting the English PDF document into Word. Why on earth teachers can’t be provided with a document that could be cut and pasted into planning documents without this busy-work, I do not know…
So, it’s taking a lot longer than I’d hoped to get a unit of work ready to share….
Posted by Lisa Hill on March 20, 2011
Just an update so that readers of this blog know what I’m working on. (Let’s not reinvent any wheels! Let’s not duplicate each other’s work!)
This term I am updating my existing Term 1 literature units so that they include relevant elements of the new Australian Curriculum.
So the learning focuses include
- SLAV library skills
- VELS Thinking Processes; Interpersonal Development and Personal Learning
- Australian Curriculum English Literature (and maybe also Language and Literacy)
- SLAV library skills
- VELS Thinking Processes; Interpersonal Development and Personal Learning outcomes
- Australian Curriculum English Literature (and maybe also Language and Literacy) elaborations (which is the silly word they have chosen for outcomes)
The units I am working on are
- Aesop’s Fables (Preps)
- Traditional Tales (fairy tales) (Years 1 & 2)
- Author Study: Hans Christian Andersen (Years 3 & 4)
- Traditional Tales (myths & legends) Years 5 & 6 – Beowulf by Michael Morpurgo
Once I have tweaked the planning templates to my satisfaction you will be able to download them as well, but getting these right is what’s taking the time.
I hope to have these four units – and the templates – available for download some time during the Easter holidays.
Posted in Australian Children's Literature, Learning and teaching, Resources to share | Tagged: Australian Curriculum Literature planning templates, Australian Curriculum Literature units of work | 9 Comments »